Pediatric Dental Surgical Associates
Refer. Review. Receive. Return.
Who We Are
Pediatric Dental Surgical Associates is a private group of American Board Certified pediatric dentists, who are affiliated and credentialed with Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago and Advocate Lutheran General Hospital.
What We Do
Pediatric Dental Surgical Associates specifically and only provides operative full-mouth dental rehabilitation for healthy well, special needs, and medically compromised children ages 1-6, delivered by a board certified pediatric dentist under general anesthesia administered by a pediatric anesthesiologist strictly in an outpatient hospital setting.
- Significant disparities exist for the most vulnerable patients (80% of the decay is in 20% of the population)
- Multi-quadrant operative dental rehabilitation due to complex treatment plans, behavior difficulties, special needs, and other issues that make treatment in the customary office setting untenable
- Papoose use is contraindicated in most children
- Sedation is risky
- Resources for pediatric dental specialists with hospital credentials, networked with most PPO and Medicaid insurances plans is extremely scarce.
- Resources that are currently available are stretched extremely thin, often waiting longer than 9 months to 1 year for care.
- Limited options for referral
- Access to care
- Sealant based programs don’t address operative needs
- Missed time from work, school, for appointments
- Significant burden on families
Our mission is to provide safe, timely, and highly-specialized full mouth operative pediatric dental care in a controlled hospital setting under general anesthesia, administered by a dedicated pediatric anesthesiologist, allowing patients to return to their primary care dental homes, with high-quality restorative work completed compassionately, and ready for lifelong preventive care.