Pediatric Dental Surgical Associates
- Are you able to deliver high quality pediatric dental care?
- Proper isolation?
- Quality control
- Are you able to deliver that care compassionately and safely?
- Age appropriate behavior?
- Healthy well?
- Multi-quadrant operative needs?
- Multiple visits needed?
- Extensive treatment plan? Cooperative for x-rays?
- Severe early childhood caries? Pulpotomy, extractions?
- Anxious? Gagging? Combative? Defiant?
Case Selection Per AAPD
- Patients who are unable to cooperate due to a lack of psychological or emotional maturity and/or mental, physical, or medical disability
- Patients for whom local anesthesia is ineffective because of acute infection, anatomic variations, or allergy
- The extremely uncooperative, fearful, anxious, or uncommunicative child or adolescent
- Patients requiring significant surgical procedures
- Patients for whom the use for deep sedation or general anesthesia may protect the developing psyche and/or reduce medical risks
- Patients requiring immediate, comprehensive oral/dental care